the arts file

The Arts File:

A one stop shop for all things arts related, this blog will profile music, film, artwork, books, etc., that either you should know about, or just completely ignore.

Friday, December 18, 2009

sideRack


Who: A unique Web site for true fashion lovers who can't afford to be a true fashion lover.


Here’s the “Why:” I like to be an individual. With my taste in music, books and even fashion, I usually try to find things, or end up liking things, that no one has ever heard of. From knowing the names of the most obscure actor to seeing a band none of my friends have ever even heard of, I like to stand out from my group. And fashion is nothing different. Yes, my personal style revolves around the classic pieces, but I like to have things no one else has.


Thinking back to a high school homecoming dance, I remember being appalled that another girl had my dress on. I was furious. As much as I like to blend in with society, I secretly like to NOT look like a clone of my peers. I always dressed the way I wanted to and listened to the music I liked. My friends all had individual tastes as well. That is what made our group, our group. A cluster of different characters who all didn’t conform to the society of Abercrombie and Fitch and pop music. As far as fashion goes, my point is this: I like new styles from independent designers that not everyone knows about. My problem: I am unemployed and I don’t have the money to spend on a designer t-shirt that I will probably only wear once. My solution: sideRack.net. I love fashion as much as any other art so when I came across this Web site, I took notice.


SideRack.net has creative, young, hip, and new fashions at affordable prices. Also, where applicable, they even give you the option of renting these fashion finds! Yes, renting. Just like renting a designer purse or dress from those other Web sites, the Rack gives you the chance to be the envy of all other women by wearing amazing, fashionable pieces where you can be an individual. This site has dresses, tops, bottoms, outerwear and even accessories that you can purchase or borrow when it is an option. And not only does the Rack carry new designer pieces, but it also has a vintage section and it takes custom orders for some pieces. Nice.


I have this blog so others can know about some of the music, writers, films, artists and designers that get me excited. In a way, this blog shows who I am, my character, and my uniqueness. SideRack.net helps me to continue with my personal style of individuality. I have a feeling it will allow me, to be me and I will not have the anguish of wearing the same dress as someone I see on the street. Ugh. I hate that!


http://www.siderack.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment