the arts file

The Arts File:

A one stop shop for all things arts related, this blog will profile music, film, artwork, books, etc., that either you should know about, or just completely ignore.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson

The Album: Breakup
The Song: “Relator”

Who: Collaboration of the actress and the musician from Jersey.

Why I like the song: I know it is getting a lot of hype right now, but I still like it. Catchy, poppy, and I am surprised I don’t hate Scarlett Johansson. Pete Yorn does his rock thing while Johansson sings along with. I was surprised that I liked her voice so much. It’s deep, hypnotic and not at all annoying like I feel her speaking voice sometimes can be. (I have read that some people feel the same with Zooey Deschanel. But I adore Zooey so I am not one of those people.) Pete Yorn is at his best vocally and instrumentally. As far as their whole album goes, I have not heard it yet. Just their hit song "Relator." But I am excited to see if there are any more good songs. I will keep you all posted.

Photo from http://www.myspace.com/scarlettalbum

1 comment:

  1. I am really digging Scarlett's voice. I downloaded the album after I heard this song now.

    ReplyDelete