the arts file

The Arts File:

A one stop shop for all things arts related, this blog will profile music, film, artwork, books, etc., that either you should know about, or just completely ignore.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tegan and Sara

Who: The twin sister duo from Canada.

The Song: "Hell"
The Album: Sainthood

Why I like it: It's fast pace, hyper, puts me in a good mood, oddly enough. The lyrics read like poetry. Not beautiful poetry but descriptive like poetry. Mainly it's the catchy-ness of the song that I like. That and the mood the song puts me in.
Downside: I saw them perform on what I think was The Tonight Show recently. They didn't perform this song very well. At least the live performance didn't do the song's justice. I'll just have to see them live to really tell for sure if they are a good live act.

photo by Pamela Littky from http://teganandsara.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment